As use of Electronic Health Record (EHR) data continues to grow, security of patient’s Protected Health Information (PHI) is a top concern for healthcare organizations.
Consistent, role-based access for authorized users is more important than ever. Without the automation provided by a Identity Management (IDM) solution integrated into your Epic environment, the repetitive account management tasks required to ensure appropriate and secure access to Epic resources can be time-intensive and costly. Let us be your Epic application security connector!
Today, the market is saturated with off the shelf Identity Management solutions that integrate with applications, directories, and databases. PDS recognized the need to extend the traditional benefits of these Identity Management systems to one of healthcare’s most critical EHR applications, Epic. PDS’s Epic IDM integration module can help Simplify Account Provisioning and alleviate administrative challenges of provisioning Epic user accounts and managing their associated security risk.
Provision Epic user records in real-time
- Automate the Epic identity lifecycle
- Automate administration and common account management tasks
- Ensure reliability, consistency, and accuracy of Epic account data
Employ role-based provisioning
- Map job roles to Epic security templates via business defined policy
- Re-evaluate security when roles change within the organization
Satisfy requirements for HIPAA and PHI
- Enforce least level of security
- Remove access when users separate from the organization
PDS developed the Integration Module for Epic at the Epic API layer for use with the Micro Focus® Identity Manager product. The PDS Integration Module translates account lifecycle activities to Epic in real-time and automatically assigns security templates based on role(s). Roles and security are updated throughout the lifecycle of the authorized user ensuring consistent and compliant access to patient information at all times.
- Our experience matters. We have 100 years of combined IAM and Epic integration experience.
- We employ an experienced and certified team of IAM professionals.
- Our many years of practical IAM experience allows us to move beyond ordinary recommendations and heighten the discussion to provide true thought leadership.
- We have in- house IAM and Java developers.
- We reduce cost, complexity, and risk.
- We have strong relationships with a broad range of IAM partners.
- Our steadfast standard in everything we do, is that all our designs are business-aligned, risk-aware and completed taking a holistic view of our customers entire security framework.
- We are a true integration partner; we have experience integrating a broad range of applications and systems and can help you design a comprehensive governance and access solution for your unique Epic environment.