PDS provides solutions that aid Colleges and Universities in teaching, research, and public service.
Student & Staff Enablement and Collaborative technologies play a critical role in supporting this charter and helping build tomorrow’s intellectual leaders in our society. Additionally, we consult in workforce readiness initiatives and help connect campuses to communities.
Higher Education Technology Trends
The three key sections of the NMC/CoSN Horizon report – Higher Education Edition constitute a reference and straightforward technology planning guide for educators, school leaders, administrators, policymakers, and technologists.
- Short Term: Growing Focus on Measuring Learning, Increasing Use of Blended Learning Designs
- Mid Term: Redesigning Learning Spaces, Shift to Deeper Learning Approaches
- Long Term: Advancing Cultures of Innovation, Rethinking How Institutions Work
- Solvable: Blending Formal and Informal Learning, Improving Digital Literacy
- Difficult: Competing Models of Education, Personalizing Learning
- Wicked: Balancing Our Connected and Unconnected Lives, Keeping Education Relevant
Developments in Technology:
- Bring Your Own Device, Learning Analytics and Adaptive Learning
- Two to three years: Augmented and Virtual Reality, Makerspaces
- Four to five years: Affective Computing, Robotics